Performs full life-cycle application development and support for systems of difficult to critical complexity and scope without appreciable direction. Responsible for designing/analyzing system flows, developing program specifications, writing and maintaining programs, coding and testing programs and providing production support and technical assistance to other developers with Decisio Insight’s analytics product.
- Works with Engineering team to organize and manage multiple concurrent tasks or projects.
- Develops and manages an integrated project plan, implementation plan, and participates in the development of functional and technical design specifications, testing plans, training plans, quality assurance plans, and ongoing maintenance plans.
- Designs new systems and enhancements to accurately address user requirements including development of functional specifications and technical specifications as required as well as cost and resource estimates.
- Programs or configures applications according to design specifications and departmental standards; establishes test plans and data; validates and verifies functions in program; and prepares necessary forms and documentation for implementation.
- Performs development and programming tasks either independently or, more frequently, through the supervision of other developers.
- Provides expertise in one or more types of systems and software including Linux, security, databases, client-server and web-based systems, and cloud services.
- Coordinates with leadership, customers, partners, and other developers to ensure that client requirements are accomplished
- Provides technical support to customers and partners about new or enhanced systems or applications.
- Provides expertise in all phases of the software development lifecycle such as project scoping, requirements gathering, analysis, design, construction, testing, quality assurance, migration, and maintenance.
- This position requires access to protected health information (PHI). Developers are required to perform job functions in a manner compatible with the Health Insurance Portability and accountability Act (HIPAA), industry standards, and best practices.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical and statistical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, permutations, and probability. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Working knowledge of
- Django or other ORM experience
- ETL – Extract Translate Load experience
- Kubernetes experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; accepts feedback from others.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and/or Experience
4+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.